This course provides the understanding of the strategic features of ERP systems and how these features can be utilised within an implementation. It also discusses about the following topics:
- Principles of strategy
- The alignment of strategy throughout an organisation
- The techniques and tools to support strategy development and implementation
- CRM, Supply Chain Management, Data Warehousing, and Executive Information Systems
- Program Outline
This modular course includes the following topics:
- Business Trends and Strategy
- Strategy Development
- SAP's Strategy and Trends
- Knowledge Transfer and SAP
- Strategy Implementation
- Developing an ICT Strategy
- Business Intelligence Strategy
- Customer Relationship Management
- Mobile Computing
- Cloud Computing and Strategic Implications
- Business Impact of Social Media
- Course Modules
Students will acquire the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Develop an appreciation of the impact of IT and Enterprise wide systems on business
- Examine issues associated with strategy development and implementation
- Understand the future directions of Enterprise Wide Systems
- Develop an awareness of the strategic value of ERP systems.
- Delivery Schedule and Method
- Total duration is 36 hours.
- This course will be delivered 1 session (3 hours) a week over 12 weeks. This unit will be delivered as a 2 hour lecture and 1 hour tutorial per week.
- It is expected that students will spend at least ten hours per week studying this unit (including lecture and tutorial time). This time should be made up of reading, research and working on exercises. In periods where candidate need to complete assignments or prepare for tests, the workload may be greater.tutorial
- It is expected that students will spend at least 10 hours per week studying this module (including lecture and tutorial time). This time should be made up of reading, research and working on exercises. In periods where students need to complete assignments or prepare for tests, the workload may be greater.
- Students will be trained by industry professionals and academicians. They have minimum of 5 years of domain experience in consulting or in academic teaching, research within a specific industry. Trainers must also have relevant industry certification and ACTA.
Check out the following:
- Entry Requirement
- Students who are interested to know more about Strategic Use of ERP Systems
- Students must be Singaporean / SPR to avail SSG funding
- Certificates Issued
Upon successful completion of this module students will be issued with following SOAs:
- IT-CIO-401S-1 Contribute to the development of a strategy plan
- IT-CIO-503S-1 Develop strategic and action plans
- Education Pathway
Graduates may opt to pursue more advanced study by enrolling in a future professional diploma in Big Data and Analytics course to be offered by Lithan Hall Academy.
- Graduation Requirements
Graduates who wish to pursue Masters of Business (ERP Systems) will get an exemption for 1 module.
- Program Fee
Get in Touch