This course is intended for information technology professionals who have good Windows operating system knowledge and experience, and want to excel in core infrastructure services in an existing Windows Server 2012 environment.
This course primarily covers Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure. It provides the skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, and deploy a physical and logical Windows Server with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure.
This modular course also covers Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure. It provides the skills and knowledge to manage enterprise data centre, plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using system centre, network and storage for virtualization, and server monitoring strategy.
- Program Benefits
This intensive 10-day course is designed to effectively prepare aspiring professionals to sit and pass the Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (Server Infrastructure) Professional Exam- (MCSE). The Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure certification validates that the student have the skills needed to run a highly efficient and modern data center, with expertise in identity management, systems management, virtualization, storage, and networking.
- Target Job Roles
Students, upon completion of the course, should be able to assume the following job roles:
- Senior System Administrator
- Senior System Engineer
- IT Manager
- Program Objectives
This course will completely satisfy the MCSE – Server Infrastructure Exam requirements as well as real world Microsoft solution needs for:
- Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
- Program Outline
This modular course covers following two modules:
- Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure ( 20413B)
- Implementing an advanced server infrastructure ( 20414B )
- Course Modules
Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (20413B) – 36 hrs
- Planning a Server Upgrade and Migration
- Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
- Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
- Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain
- Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Organisational Unit Infrastructure
- Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Topology
- Planning and Implementing Storage
- Planning and Implementing File Services
- Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
- Designing and Implementing Network Protection
Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (20414B ) – 39 hrs
- Overview of Management in an Enterprise Data Centre
- Planning and Implementing a Server Virtualisation Strategy
- Planning and Implementing Networks and Storage for Virtualisation
- Planning and Deploying Virtual Machines
- Planning and Implementing a Virtualisation Administration Solution
- Planning and Implementing a Server Monitoring Strategy
- Planning and Implementing High Availability for File Services and Applications
- Planning and Implementing a Highly Available Infrastructure by Using Failover Clustering
- Planning and Implementing a Server Update Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing a Business Continuity Strategy
- Planning and Implementing a Public Key Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing an Identity Federation Infrastructure
- Planning and Implementing an Information Rights Management Infrastructure
- Delivery Schedule and Method
- This module will be delivered in 25 sessions of 3 hrs each
- There will be 1 or 2 sessions in a week
Class room learning is 50 % of the duration.
Comprehensive workshop style training with tutorials and hands-on real life practical activities comprises the balance of 50%
Students who enrol under WDA funding program need to complete the assessments at the end of the module (refer details of assessments below)
The students who enrol under WDA funding will be issued SOAs after successfully completing each module.
Trained Microsoft Certified Trainers from varied industry background. Trainers have conducted extensive training in several Microsoft courses. Trainers must also have completed ACTA.
Trainer-Student ratio is maintained at 1:20.
Check out the following:
- Entry Requirements
- Students who have completed MCSA certification
- Students must be Singaporeans or Singapore PRs to avail of SSG funding
- Certificates Issued
Once the student has successfully passed MCSE certification exam, they will receive MCSE Certificate from Microsoft.
Upon completion of the each module under SSG funding, students will receive Statement of Attainment (SOA) Certificates from SSG. The details of SOA of each module is given below.
- IT-IS-401S-1 Complete equipment / software upgrades
- IT-IA-503S-1 Design application architecture
- Education Pathway
Students, who would like to appear for MCSE certification exam after completion of the course, need to schedule their exam at Prometric Testing Centres
- Graduation Requirements
Students need to complete the following 3 assessments:
- Theory Exam: Students will be given 10 short questions and they need to answer in 40 minutes
- Practical Exam: Students will be asked to do 2 practical performance tasks in Microsoft server environment. Duration of this exam is 90 mins each
After successful completion of these assessments, students will be graded "Competent" (C) and will achieve the Statement of Attainment (SOA).
- Program Fee
Get in Touch