PRODUCT / PROJECT MANAGER
Product Managers use their technical savvy to interface closely with the technical development team in order to lead the strategy for the product through provision of the product vision, creating the roadmap, and driving its execution. They also project manage the entire process.
If you are a Polytechnic or University STEM graduate, understand what the users need, and show leadership in product development and management, this could be the job for you. Employers like you to have relevant experience, for example, career crossover from Product Engineering.
Your job would normally include:
- Acting as the product and market expert to enable the company's sales force grasp the opportunities and become evangelists to their audiences for their products and brand
- Defining product strategy, leading the development of new products
- Developing robust systems to control the product development process, and road maps
- Providing the sales team with the necessary technical expertise by taking ownership of product information
- Creating new sales collateral, product training, building up argumentation for agents/partners and the sales force