As a Product Director, you'll be the intersect between the business, the product developers, and users. As such, you‘ll work with the customers to understand the problem space, and you'll work with developers on requirements, prioritization, and so forth to fill the space. And as owner, will be the product evangelist.
If you are a technically-minded Polytechnic or University graduate, can define WHAT a product needs, based on the WHY from the market, can leave the HOW to the developers, and make tough decisions about what you can and can't live without, this could be the job for you. Employer like you to have previous experience, for example, as Product Manager.
Your job would normally include:
• understanding the product development process
• communicating the product purpose and direction continuously and transparently
• defining success from the start and measuring performance over time
• prioritizing user needs, business requirements, and technology constraints
• determining the pricing model
• establishing an awareness plan as you are the evangelist
• maintaining the lifecycle after launch
• keeping in touch with industry trends and space problem.