As a Business IT Consultant, you'll work in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. You'll work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in various organisations.
If you have a Polytechnic or University STEM or BUSINESS major, good at analyzing and solving problems, and able to work with people at all levels, this job could suit you well. To get this job, you will need relevant experience, for example, as a career progression, as a career crossover, or as a career crosswalk from a non IT career field like Finance.
The job includes:
- Identifying client requirements and systems specifications
- Planning timescales and the resources needed
- Providing supports and solutions to clients
- Designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems
- Organizing training for users and other consultants