NICF Diploma in IT Services (Database Management)
- Program Benefits
Are you working as:
- A Finance or Accounting Executive?
- An Operations Executive?
- A Marketing Analyst?
- A Systems Analyst?
- A Business Intelligence Analyst?
- Designing and submitting management reports? OR,
- Involved in data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL), OR,
- Working on data modeling and integration? OR,
- Maintaining a datawarehouse?
If so, then you are already involved in some areas of business intelligence (BI)! And if you are not yet doing business intelligence work in your company, it is time to get ahead and learn how. After all, a career track in BI is financially rewarding.
This is especially true if your company uses software from any of the following BI platform providers.
Gain a deeper understanding of Business Intelligence concepts. Know what to look for in your BI system to extend your skills. Expand your current BI skills by learning how to use the leading BI platform and software from SAP!
Be a multidisciplinary T-shaped BI professional. Enroll in a program that will provide you the practical skills and competencies you need to assume job roles in business intelligence.
Acquire Competencies and Qualifications in Business Intelligence
SAP BI solutions are used by large companies. Business Intelligence professionals are currently in high demand as large companies need to analyze their data to gain business insights, which will result in operational efficiencies, increased market competitiveness, and improved bottomlines. Lithan Academy is offering WDA's Professional Diploma in Business Intelligence. This will give you the knowledge, practical skills and work experience you need to:
- Upgrade your current competencies by acquiring functional and technical skills in Business Intelligence
- Assume job roles in Business Intelligence
- Learn how to configure the SAP Business Intelligence (BI) system
- Be eligible to take the SAP BI certification exam and become a certified SAP BI consultant!
- Target Job Roles
At the end of this course, students will be able to assume following positions:
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Business Intelligence Consultant
- Program Objectives
At the end of the course, students will to pursue career up gradation or transition to Business data warehousing area. Students will also be able to acquire the necessary competencies that would meet the job roles requirements. After completing this course, students would be eligible to take the SAP BI Certification exam.
Students will acquire knowledge and skills in:
- Datawarehousing and architecture
- Implementation and administration of SAP BI system
- Extraction, Universal data integration , exchange infrastructure
- Planning and designing of reports and models
- Data acquisition
- BI integrated planning
- Mode and Duration
This course is delivered over 9 months.
- Program Outline
This course contains the following 6 modules. Students need to complete the course modules in the order shown below.
- Course Modules
- Introduction to Business Intelligence - Business Intelligence has been identified by analysts one of the key drivers of a company's business strategy. This unit of study covers both theoretical and practical aspects of Business Intelligence including data warehousing. Students can use SAP's Business Intelligence Warehouse in the workshops to reinforce many of the theoretical concepts.
- Business Intelligence Applications - Students will be exposed to Business Intelligence applications in different industries. Students will also will be exposed to the SAP BW 001 module, which contains Integration of BI capabilities in SAP Netweaver, Architecture and functions of BI, and Business planning and analytical service.
- Data Modelling and Transformation - In this unit, students will explore to understand the BI tools and gain a high-level understanding of their functions; define and design a data model in BI to fulfil the information requirements of the company for a cost centre accounting scenario; use extraction, transformation and loading (ETL); use SAP Business Content to speed up the implementation of BI and to know what tools are available for improving query runtime (SAP Module TBW10)
- Business Intelligence Queries and Reports - In this unit, students will learn how to use SAP NetWeaver BI as a flexible analytical tool to create structures reports for decision – making support in the organization; evaluate past and current data to different levels of detail and from different perspectives on the Web and in Microsoft Excel (SAP Module TBW 20)
- Strategic Use of Business Intelligence - In this unit, students will gain the skills and knowledge in BI extraction with UDI , XI and APD , universal data integration, Exchange Infrastructure, process designer analysis and transport management (SAP Module TBW41) Students will also gain additional knowledge of data modelling, use BI content to accelerate BW implementation, define and implement multi – dimensional, logical and physical model scenarios to fulfil information requirements and to understand the concept of slow changing dimensions (SAP Module TBW 42)
- Business Intelligence Project
- Students will gain the detailed BI knowledge necessary to carry out successful implementation and administration within a heterogeneous SAP BI system landscape (TBW 45).
- BEx Reporting Tools
- General BEx Features and Information Broadcasting
- Planning Model Design and Planning Functions
- Input Enabled Queries, Planning Applications and Miscellaneous topics in Business Planning
- Analysis Process Design
- Delivery Schedule and Method
Classes will be held in the evenings starting at 7pm during weekdays. Saturday classes may be held on occasion.
Lessons include classroom lectures, classroom tutorials and case studies. Students will be trained by industry professionals and academicians. They have minimum 5 years of domain experience in consulting or in academic teaching, research within a specific industry. Trainers must also have relevant industry certification and ACTA.
Trainer-Student ratio is maintained at 1:60 for theory and 1: 30 for practical lessons. Class room lecture with Demo and hands on tutorials in SAP BI environment.