BIG DATA DEVELOPER
Big Data Developers design, build and test applications that help organizations looking ahead, beyond what everybody else sees. They deal with large volume of unstructured data to gain business insights that help in decision making.
If you are a technically-minded Polytechnic or University graduate, solid grounding in math and algorithms to solve problems, this could be the perfect job for you. You'll need relevant experience, for example, as a Web Developer.
Your job would normally include:
- Developing and implementing Hadoop applications
- Loading from disparate data sets
- Pre-processing using Hive and Pig
- Designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Hadoop
- Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design
- Performing analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights
- Maintaining security and data privacy
- Creating scalable and high-performance web services for data tracking