Minimum attendance for Student Pass holders
The student must not:
- fail to attend classes for a continuous period of 7 days or more without any valid reason;
- have a percentage of attendance less than 90% in any month of the course without any valid reason.
The school will inform ICA immediately if the student fails to meet the above requirements.
Minimum attendance requirement for non-student pass holders
(Non-government funded courses):
- Students need to maintain minimum of 75% attendance
Minimum attendance requirement for non-student pass holders (Government funded courses):
- Train Only mode — Students need to maintain minimum of 75% attendance
- Place & Train mode — Students need to maintain minimum of 95% attendance
The transfer/withdrawal application is subjected to the academy's approval. The time frame for assessing and replying to any request for transfer/withdrawal will not be more than 4 weeks.
For students below the age of 18, the school must seek approval from the parents/guardians before approving the withdrawal application.
All request for course withdrawal should be in writing and be accompanied with Course Transfer & Withdrawal form OPS-FR007. Verbal requests for withdrawals will not be entertained.
"Transfer" means a student changes from one course to another course but remains as a student of school. For an approved transfer request, the original student contract must be terminated and a new contract must be signed.
- If a student transfers from an existing course to a new course within school, the unconsumed tuition fees is transferable to the new module/unit
- A transfer to another school is regarded as withdrawal
- In the event that the fee for the transferred course is higher or lower, the student shall be refunded the surplus within seven (7) working days of application date or the student needs to top-up additional amount respectively (This should imply to unconsumed fee amount only).
NOTE: This is only applicable if Lithan Singapore conducts more than one course.
"Withdrawal" means the student is no longer a student of LA and student contract is terminated.
- Status of student’s pass for international student (where applicable) will adhere to Standard Student Contract after withdrawing from the school.
- Issuing past attendance records to students who are enrolling in another course in another school
Withdrawal due to non delivery of course
Lithan will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Withdrawal without cause
Transfer/withdrawal procedure is available here.
Feedback and Complaints
Lithan Singapore values feedback from students for the improvement of processes and services. Student feedback may be undertaken via:
- Informal chat sessions with Lithan Academy Management (initiated by the management)
- Emails to the Chief Operating Officer
Response time of complaint and feedback:
Acknowledgement Reply: Within 24 hrs of the complaint date
Official Reply: Within 7 working days of the complaint date
Resolution Period: Within 21 working days
Complaints may be lodged formally through the Learning Support Executive. If the issue(s) cannot be resolved, the matter shall be brought to the Operations Manager's attention, finally escalating to the Chief Operating Officer, if necessary. Replies, written and/or verbal, shall be recorded and sent to the complainant for a formal closure of the issue(s).
If all channel of complaints resolution fail, a third party mediation and arbitration will be recommended:
Stage 1: Appeal against outcomes from formal grievance and complaint process
(The complaint process refers to Complaint & Dispute Resolution procedure (OPS-PR005))
Stage 2: Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC)
If the settlement between the student and the education centre is reached at the mediation stage, a settlement agreement would be drawn up and endorsed by the respective parties, and the dispute is resolved.
Stage 3: Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
If the parties fail to reach a settlement through mediation, the student may escalate to arbitration for a resolution of their dispute.
Appeal of Academic Marks
Students may make an informal query on the assessment result or contact their lecturers to provide a detailed breakdown of marks. For further clarification, he/she should contact Lithan Academy with a written application.
List of student support services:
- Student Orientation and Enrolment;
- Sharing Timetable for the term;
- Processing Deferment cases;
- Student Pass Matters;
- Personal Counselling Services;
- Updating Contact details;
Information about Singapore for student's pass holders
As an international student you are required to abide by the rules and regulation as practiced in the country. You may familiarize yourself about the country by visiting the following link http://www.contactsingapore.sg/
Learners are kept abreast the job market trends which enables them to make successful transitions into the IT space. The Talent Management Team includes experienced industry professionals who will guide and groom the learners in their job search. An extensive range of activities is available for the job seekers to increase the placement success.
- One-on-One Career Consultation
- Profile Builder Workshop – Resume Enhancement & Interview Skills
- Open Session – Resume Analysis and constructive feedback to improve
- Video Profiling – 1 minute personalized video on YouTube
- Recruitment Drives – Monthly
- Industry Talks – Various topics