Be a Systems Management Professional. Top 10 Best Tech Jobs! - cited by US News
- Technology is critical to all aspects of the business world. It is no surprise that Systems Management Professionals who manage those technologies are enjoying a high growth, high demand career everywhere.
To kick off your Systems Management career as an IT System Support, we provide skills training in MCSA: Windows 8, CompTIA Network+ and IT customer service skills course. For those experienced individuals, we deliver skills in MCSA: Windows Server or Linux Server Administration, CCNA, ITIL and PMP for you to become a System Administrator. And to support your growth into an IT management position, we provide academic education that leads to an international tech degree.
We deliver affordable learning pathway with up to 95% SSG funding or employer sponsorship. Job placement service is available as well to enable a smooth career transition.
Please register your interest
In our information critical age, companies simply cannot afford to have less than 99% of availability on their IT systems with IT downtime costing 26.5 billion* lost in revenue every year.
In some extreme cases such as downtime in data centers, the cost incurred can go as high as half a million USD per hour as stated in a survey done by US Today.
Systems Management Professionals are the everyday heroes who combat IT downtime and upkeep business continuity. These highly regarded system experts kick-off their career as an IT Systems Support focusing on end user issues in desktop and applications. Once they have gained more skills and experience, they will move into the role of a System Administrator who manages the servers and network. An IT Systems Manager will be the next progression to oversees the entire IT infrastructure of the company.
*Source: Information Week
To gain entry into any of the job roles mentioned above, click on the respective tab below to find out more:
The first line of help for fixing and maintaining desktop (also commonly known as PC) and other IT peripherals for end users.
As an IT System Support professional, you will mainly resolve day to day technical issues in desktop hardware, OS and applications. You will also assist in the maintenance, configuration and update of all IT systems in your organisation, including server and network, with the guidance of a System Administrator.
- No prior IT experience is needed to gain entry into this job role!
- Master all aspects of desktop management on installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting in desktop hardware and Microsoft Windows OS. (equivalent to MCSA: Windows 8)
- Understand fundamentals of networking, security, and server administration.
- Acquire customer service skills specific for an IT service delivery environment.
Receive a Advanced Certificate in IT Services (Infrastructure Support) and be eligible for MCSA: Windows 8 certification exam.
The Express IT is delivered on a “Train and Place” mode where you will be funded up to 95% by SSG on the training and upon completion, we will match you with a suitable employer for a full-time IT System Support job role.
You may also want to study the following modular courses for bite-sized system support skills learning:
The role of an IT infrastructure in any organisation today holds the greatest influence with regards to business continuity.
As a System Administrator, you will manage and maintain the IT infrastructure of your organisation especially in areas of server and network. You will also oversee any system integration or implementation to ensure the continuous evolution of your IT platform.
- Prior system support experience is needed to gain entry into this job role.
- o Implement, maintain and manage infrastructure services of Windows Server 2012. (equivalent to MCSA: Windows Server 2012) or Linux Server (equivalent to LPIC-1 of Linux Professional Institute).
- Install, operate and troubleshoot a small to medium-sized network (equivalent to CCNA).
- Setup maintenance procedures based on industry’s best practices and service-level agreements.(equivalent to ITIL v3 Foundation)
- Acquire IT project management techniques in areas of project scopes, timeline, cost, communication and resource utilization. (equivalent to PMP)
- Receive a Professional Diploma in System Support and be eligible for MCSA: Windows Server 2012, CCNA, ITIL v3 Foundation and PMP certification exam.
The Professional Diploma in System Support is delivered on a “Place and Train” mode where you will get placed in a system administration job role and get subsidized by your employer on the qualification training required. This “Place and Train” mode is supported by WSG’s Professional Conversion Programme (PCP).
You may also want to study the following modular courses for bite-sized system administration skills learning:
An effective management of database remains the key factor for businesses to increase operational efficiency and reduce the relevant underlying cost.
As a Database Administrator, you will cover critical tasks such as the design, installation, and configuration of the database. You will also perform continuous management of the database by optimizing its performance, integrity and security.
Prior experience in system support or software development is needed to gain entry into this job role.
Our Express Database Administrator gives you all the knowledge and skills required to be a Database Administrator:
- Understand database concepts such as data modeling, normalization, relationships and performance due to database design.
- Design and develop tables, indexes, views and store procedure in SQL databases.
- Install and configure SQL server and databases.
- Plan and implement database backup, restoration, security and maintenance.
- Migrate and manage databases on cloud.
- Be eligible for MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development and MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration certification exams.
The Express Database Administrator is delivered on a “Train and Place” mode where you will be funded up to 95% by SSG on the training and upon completion, we will match you with a suitable employer for a database administration job role.
Innovation is the primary driver of today’s digital economy. Understanding what is required to nurture innovation a business is a highly demanded skill by both startups and established companies.
As an IT Systems Manager, you will have the ability to design innovation strategies that can successfully take advantage of innovation opportunities. Learn how to evaluate different options, formulate and develop strategy and assess and resolve managerial challenges.
- Our Professional Diploma in Innovation Management course will give you all the knowledge and skills to be an IT Systems Manager:
- Understand what is design thinking and its value in business, define and frame problems in a way that allows creative solutions to be generated and learn how to approach a problem from alternative ways that produce better results than existing ones.
- Know how to apply, identify and test such solutions to create a product that suits the consumer’s need. Learn about agile concepts and apply agile foundations into creative product vision and roadmap.
- Apply SCRUM in the product development process and craft an agile product management plan to adopt agile practices and enhance product-market fit.
Receive an NICF Diploma in Product Management and Lithan’s Professional Diploma in Innovation Management.
Our Professional Diploma in Innovation Management is delivered on “Place and Train” mode where we will match you with a suitable employer for an IT Systems Manager job where you can apply what you have learned. This “Place and Train” mode is supported by WSG’s Professional Conversion Programme (PCP), where you are fully subsidized by the employer.
Other courses which will enhance your Innovation Management competencies:
- Agile Product Management
- Agile Project Management
- Agile Innovation
- Innovation Through Design Thinking
Our blended learning solution combines online content and e-learning with offline, face-to-face learning.
Online, learners can engage in self-paced e-learning with 24/7 access to econtent. For learners who need more help, virtual tutors will be available to provide 1-on-1 support regarding course materials or technical matters.
Offline, learners will attend flipped class lectures. By preparing for class, learning will be more active and effective as guidance can be given to ensure the correct skills are learnt. Through mentoring workshops which range from group mentoring sessions to 1-on-1 mentoring sessions, learners can be assured that assignments and projects can be completed effectively using relevant skills.
With access to our virtual labs, learners will be able to practice on proprietary software hands-on. Each learner will also be part of our peer-2-peer forums to engage in guided peer to peer learning with additional help from mentors and learning facilitators.
Finally, through assessments, learners can ensure that their knowledge is retained, learning outcomes are achieved and progress towards skills mastery.
We have 5 delivery modes to provide a complete online and offline learning experience. First, face-to-face delivery with campus lectures, mentoring sessions and short group work sessions. Second, livestream delivery for online flipped classroom and online live mentoring. Third, self-paced delivery as leaners have access to learning materials and video lessons online. Fourth, helpdesk support for 1-on-1 guidance for course material questions and technical issues and finally, peer-2-peer delivery with forums for discussions with coursemates.
“This is how I found my first IT job with a good pay.”
Nicholas was hired as a Programmer Analyst after completing his Express IT course. He often draws on the skills he learned during the courses whilst at work. Thus, he felt the modules taught were very relevant and applicable in the real-world context. Nicholas secured his first IT job with a good salary at Lithan’s Recruitment Drive. He plans on pursing further studies in the future.
- Nicholas Low, Express IT
“Helped me get a job very fast, within 3 days.”
After completing Express IT course, Stenley obtained a total of five job interviews due to Lithan’s Recruitment Drive. As he could demonstrate his IT expertise during his job interview, he was hired the following day. Stenley felt Lithan had trained and prepared him well for his new job as a Deskside Engineer. Thus, Stanley had recommended his friends to enrol in Lithan.
- Stenley Ho Chun Fan, Express IT
“Gained more eligibility in workplace.”
Radhika chose Lithan as Lithan can help her obtain better employment prospects with a higher salary. After equipping herself with IT essentials, Radhika was recruited as a Level 2 Support Desktop Engineer through Lithan’s Recruitment Drive. The Recruitment Drive was very effective as she was offered her desired job with an attractive salary and benefits the very next day. In addition, the skills and knowledge she learned are relevant to her daily tasks at work.
- Radhika D/O V Rajandeeran, Express IT and Professional Diploma in Systems Support
“What I learn here is all related to what I am doing right now.”
The Express IT course had given Namazie the confidence and technical skills to kick-start his IT career. Namazie found the skills and knowledge he learned extremely relevant in his work and he still refers to his course materials from time to time. Moreover, he chose Lithan as the course fees were affordable, especially with the subsidies provided by SSG. Namazie recommended two of his relatives to study in Lithan and they are currently performing well.
- Muhammad Namazie, Express IT, Professional Diploma in Systems Support (PDSS)
“Lithan is a very conducive place to study.”
After attending the Express IT course, Radhiah gained the confidence and knowledge to apply for her current job, IT Service Request Coordinator. She found Lithan a conducive learning environment and the modules learnt made her more proficient in her professional field. Radhiah looks forward to furthering her studies so that she could advance in her career.
- Siti Radhiah Binte Ishak, Express IT
“These personalised schedule are really convenient for any student who are only available at certain point of time.”
Nur Muhammad found the Express IT course comprehensive and suitable for students who have no prior knowledge in IT. The lecturers’ clear and concise teaching strategies made it easy for him pick up new skills. In addition, Nur Muhammed commended the flexibility of Lithan’s personalised schedules courses. He believes the certifications he earned at Lithan will open many careers opportunities for him in the future. He plans to continue his study in IT and had recommended his friends and family to Lithan.
- Nur Muhammad Bin Sazali, Express IT (Part Time)
“Funding lightened our fee in paying for the course.”
James is a trading representative who is interested in expanding his IT knowledge and skills. Lithan’s teaching and delivery made his learning interesting and he found the facilities available for him to try out fascinating. Also, lecturers being practising professionals in their respective fields delivered their modules effectively. In addition, he appreciates the SSG funding that lightened his course fees.
- James Chua Kai Soo, Express IT
“The troubleshooting course helped me the most in my work.”
As a Project Coordinator who handles ICT, Wei Guo found Lithan courses very informative and useful in his work. He stated that his salary after his career switch was comparable to IT diploma graduates. Guo Wei enjoyed his time studying at Lithan, with its conducive learning environment and helpful lecturers who inspired a keen interest of IT in him. Furthermore, the lecturers were professional, thorough and consistently going the extra mile.
- Liong Guo Wei, Express IT and Professional Diploma in Systems Support (PDSS)
“I believe Lithan is always best place to study.”
Fauzy relaunched his career from temporary service desk jobs to being a Level 2 Systems Engineer after completing Lithan's Express IT course. He felt that the course was well-planned, interactive and fun with a lot of emphasis placed on practices related to the workplace. With his mentor's guidance, he managed to boost his IT knowledge and could answer his job interviewer’s queries about IT with ease, thereby securing the job.
- Muhammad Fauzy, Express IT and Professional Diploma in Systems Support
“They prepared us for the real IT world.”
Siti was previously unemployed and took the Express IT course to better her employment prospects. Despite having minimal experience, Lithan provided Siti the skills and knowledge to venture into the IT industry. She was able to apply what she learned in the practical field and got hired through Lithan’s Recruitment Drive. From now on, Siti aims to upgrade herself to advance further in her IT career.
- Siti Noranisah, Express IT
“Lithan provides a very good infrastructure in terms of materials, lecturers and environments. “
Arsath was a business development manager and is now a part time lab tutor in Lithan. Lithan was recommended to him by his WDA employment coach for their array of relevant IT courses. Lithan’s ambiance, knowledgeable lecturers and helpful consultants endeared Arsath to Lithan. Arsath believes IT skills are very beneficial and in high demand as they will provide people with greater career opportunities and a higher salary. He recommends Express IT for those who are thinking of doing a career switch to the IT industry.
- Arsath Hussain, Express IT